Sweet Potato Puree - 4 to 6 month
- Peel and slice 2 Sweet Potatoes
- Gentle boil for about 15 minutes in about 1 cup of water. The sweet potatoes should break apart easily.
- Puree sweet potatoes in blender or food processor
- Add small amounts of sweet potato water until you've reached your desired consistency (try using breast milk or formula as an alternative to water)
- Cool and serve, refrigerate or freeze immediately.
Tip: When freezing, use an ice tray for smaller individual servings.
Tip: Try adding some pear or apple puree to make it a bit sweeter.
REMINDER: Many pediatricians will remind you that breast milk or formula feeding should still be your baby's main source of nutrition until the age of 1.
AVOID: A few common food allergens are eggs, milk, wheat, soy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Honey is should be avoided the first year because it can cause botulism.
Wait until your baby is 10 - 12 months before trying gas-inducing foods such as beans, broccoli, onions, fruit juice, wheat, cauliflower, garlic, and dairy. A gassy baby isn’t a happy baby.
Written by Prisca Ranck
Our Blog: PacificBaby
Our Products: Pacific Baby Bottles and Bambooware