- ½ cup Short Grain Brown Rice (organic available)
- Grind/Blend until finely ground (rice powder)
- Store powder in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve - add boiling water to rice powder (about ½ cup water for 2 T. powder)
- Whisk for about 30 seconds. Finally, stir and let sit. Repeat until the mixture is creamy - lump-free.
Tip: Try adding breast milk, formula, mashed bananas, applesauce, etc.
REMINDER: Many pediatricians will remind you that breast milk or formula feeding should still be your baby's main source of nutrition until the age of 1.
AVOID: A few common food allergens are eggs, milk, wheat, soy, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Honey is should be avoided the first year because it can cause botulism.
Wait until your baby is 10 - 12 months before trying gas-inducing foods such as beans, broccoli, onions, fruit juice, wheat, cauliflower, garlic, and dairy. A gassy baby isn’t a happy baby.
Written by Prisca Ranck
Our Blog: PacificBaby
Our Products: Pacific Baby Bottles and Bambooware